2018 Annual NZ Branch Conference
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 AusIMM NZ Branch Annual Conference will be held at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga, 17th to 18th September 2018, with pre conference field trips and an exploration forum.
In 2018 we will be offering a two-day technical programme. The conference will encompass exploration, research, project assessment, mine development, metallurgy, rehabilitation, social licence to operate and mine closure.
The conference programme for 2018 includes:
• Saturday 15th September – Planned field trips include: South Auckland aggregates, Waihi epithermal gold, Waikato coal and ironsand
• Sunday 16th September – Epithermal Gold Forum in Waihi
• Monday 17th September – Conference Day 1 at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
• Tuesday 18th September – Conference Day 2 at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
The 2018 conference will include AusIMM’s 125th anniversary celebrations. Social events will include an opening networking function (Sunday evening) and a conference dinner (Monday). Trade exhibitions will run throughout the conference.
Oral and poster presentations will be sought to cover most topics related to minerals and coal research, exploration and development of mineral resources and in particular, feature:
• Epithermal gold;
• Aggregates for infrastructure and construction;
• Coal developments;
• West Coast mineral sands;
• New developments and mineral commodities