2018 Annual NZ Branch Conference
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 AusIMM NZ Branch Annual Conference will be held at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga, 17th to 18th September 2018, with pre conference field trips and an exploration forum.
In 2018 we will be offering a two-day technical programme. The conference will encompass exploration, research, project assessment, mine development, metallurgy, rehabilitation, social licence to operate and mine closure.
The conference programme for 2018 includes:
• Friday 14th September – Afternoon – Broken Hills underground epithermal gold deposit
• Saturday 15th September – Full day – Karangahake Gorge and Waihi epithermal gold deposits
• Sunday 16th September – Full day – Waikato coal – Maramarua and Rotowaro open pit coal mines
• Sunday 16th September – Epithermal Gold Forum at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
• Monday 17th September – Conference Day 1 at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
• Tuesday 18th September – Conference Day 2 at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
• Sunday 16th September – Opening Cocktail Function at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
• Monday 17th September – Conference Dinner at Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
The 2018 conference will acknowledge AusIMM’s 125th anniversary. Social events will include an opening networking function (Sunday evening) and a conference dinner (Monday). Trade exhibitions will run throughout the conference.
Oral and poster presentations will cover most topics related to minerals and coal research, exploration and development of mineral resources and in particular, feature:
• Epithermal gold;
• Coal developments;
• New developments and mineral commodities
Click here to find out more information on the conference website.