Information is included below on publications, as follows:
New Zealand Branch publications are included below, as follows:
Monograph 25 – Geology and Exploration of New Zealand Mineral Deposits
Edited by Anthony B Christie and Robert L Brathwaite
Click here to download contents pages (PDF document).
- Book Review: AusIMM Monograph 25 “Geology and Exploration of New Zealand mineral deposits”, Published in The AusIMM Bulletin November/December 2006 issue.
- Book Review: AusIMM Monograph 25 “Geology and Exploration of New Zealand mineral deposits” by Franco Pirajno, Geological Survey of Western Australia.
- Book Review: AusIMM Monograph 25 “Geology and Exploration of New Zealand mineral deposits” by Jeffrey W. Hedenquist
Monograph 4 & 13 – Economic Geology of New Zealand and Mineral Deposits of New Zealand (details below)
Kear, D. (ed.) 1989: Mineral deposits of New Zealand. Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. Monograph 13. 225 pp.
Williams, G.J. (ed.) 1974: Economic geology of New Zealand. Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. Monograph 4. 490 pp.
Many of us know Don Watson who has been an AusIMM (mainly NZ Branch) stalwart for many years. Don has persevered with publishing his book. The book tells the story of Don’s life as a geologist in NZ and Australia. It is well told and of great interest. It is also a personal story about how Don coped with being bipolar and battled depression – and overcame it. Don has a great sense of humour and the narrative is often very amusing, as well as being informative about Australasian mining. Don has “been there” and succeeded, where many of us would have failed. His story is more than just for geologists and about mining in Australasia. The book can be purchased from the new releases section of the publisher’s website www.polygraphianz.com
Book Review: Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning – Second Edition, by Roger Bateman, Dempers & Seymour Pty Ltd.
The AusIMM Online Shop allows you to search for AusIMM publications by keyword, author, year of publication and type of publication (Monographs, Conference Proceedings, Spectrum Series and Other).
You can purchase publications online including a large number of individual papers from AusIMM Conference Proceedings. All individual papers are downloadable at a cost for members and non-members. Student members of The AusIMM can access these papers free of charge. AusIMM Merchandise is now also available through the online shop. Click here to start your search.
2010: Powerpoint presentation summarising discussion points for the 2010 AusIMM Congress (View Document)
It is the ambition of The AusIMM New Zealand Branch to make papers from all past annual conferences (dating back to 1976) available to download (free of charge). Currently the papers from three volumes have been included. To view papers currently available click here.
- June 2011 (View Document)
- February 2011(View Document)
- July 2010 (View Document)
- April 2010 (View Document)
- February 2010 (View Document)
- November 2004, Newsletter 29.2 (View Document)
- 2003, Newsletter 28.1 (View Document)
- 2002, Newsletter 27.3 (View Document)
- 2002, Newsletter 27.2 (View Document)
- Response to Discussion Paper: Maximising our Mineral Potential: Stocktake of Schedule 4 of the Crown Minerals Act and beyond (View Document)
- Submission on Consultation Document: “Reviewing the Foreshore and Seabed Act 2004″ (View Document)
- Submission on Lauder Station tenure review under the Crown Pastoral Land Act 1998 (View Document)
- Submission on the Draft Crown Minerals (Minerals & Coal) Minerals Programme 2009 (DMP) (View Document)